HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Fund Your Passion is dedicated to making athletes’ dreams a reality. Both individuals and businesses can support athletes and their team - connecting directly and, building a personal connection with each athlete - while helping them fulfill their aspirations on their journey to success.
HOW DO I CREATE A CAMPAIGN?
- To register for a Fund Your Passion Account and create a Campaign, you need to be 18 years or older or, have parental or your legal guardian’s consent.
- You’re responsible for your account and all the activity on it. We reserve the right to ask you for proof of age at any time, either before or after you have created an Account.
- When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your Account.
- Once your registration has been validated by Fund Your Passion we will advise you by email and you will then pay your registration fee of R150*, which includes your first Campaign. Fund Your Passion will then publish your Campaign and you will be able to share this using your social media channels and network. CAMPAIGN GUIDELINES
HOW DO I DEFINE MY GOAL?
- It is critical to the success of your Fund Your Passion Campaign that you define clearly what you are trying to achieve (to cover travel, equipment expenses, enter a competition etc.) why you need to accomplish them.
- This should include specific dates as well as budgets, help illustrate to potential Supporters why you need their support and that your Fund Your Passion Campaign targets, match your sport-related needs.
- This gives potential Supporters the ability to assess the value of their donation and ultimately increases their likelihood to support you. It is important that you have taken the time to understand the scale and cost of your Fund Your Passion Campaign goal and that you can communicate this clearly.
HOW DO I PROMOTE MY CAMPAIGN?
- Support for your Fund Your Passion Campaign can come from Supporters you have never connected with but most will come from your own networks and your networks’ network. If you want people to support your Fund Your Passion Campaign, you have to tell them about it.
- You can use Email, Facebook, Twitter and word-of-mouth etc.
- It’s best to craft a personal email message. Then encourage Supporters to reach out to their networks with a personal message. It helps if you are willing to do the work and craft the message, for them to send out.
- Use the sports organizations that are committed to your success too - your club, provincial and national sporting bodies. They have an interest in you because; your success is their success.
- Share news, press, and photos from your life, training and competitions. Your Supporters are a part of your team. Communicating with your Supporters can be one of the most rewarding parts of the process, and helps build your long-term support network.
- Make sure you tell everyone about your Fund Your Passion Campaign. Go for coffee with anyone interested and don’t be afraid to bring a face to your online Fund Your Passion Campaign.
- Finally, use the media. The press loves a great story about an athlete trying to reach their goals. Find someone who will listen and tell your story. If you are successful, direct them to your online Fund Your Passion Campaign page, where Supporters can donate to your quest.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY CAMPAIGN?
- It is very useful to engage your Supporters by updating your progress during your FUND YOUR PASSION Campaign.
- You can share your progress, update Supporters on your training, and send along fun facts on your Campaign in the "Updates".
- Campaign updates can be daily or weekly, and will help continue to spread the word over the life of your Campaign and help to raise more support.
- Circumstances such as injuries or competition cancellation can substantially change your plans and need for funding. If your Fund Your Passion Campaign requires a fundamental change in approach, it is important you communicate this news to your Supporters.
START YOUR CAMPAIGN